Junior Squash Group Coaching
The Junior Squash group coaching will commence on Tues 3rd June until Sat 19th July (No coaching Sat 28th June)
Please book your place by completing the on-line booking form below
Junior Open Competition 2014
England Squash & Racketball Bronze Ranking Event
28th/29th June 2014
Coolhurst is hosting the Middlesex Squash Junior Open, see link below for details and entry form.
Squash for Juniors
Coolhurst Tennis and Squash Club in Crouch End now boasts some of the best squash facilities in London - four new glass-backed courts and seven courts in total. In addition to the thriving adult section and an elite team in the professional Premier Squash League, the juniors are making quite a name for themselves too and provided about a third of all entrants in the Middlesex Closed tournament this autumn.
Under the guidance of coach JagoNardelli, Coolhurst’s junior numbers have grown steadily over the last few years and there is real promise among some of these young players. There have been tournament wins for Eliot Heywood (10) and Tara Hayes (10) at Cumberland, while Ben Harrison (10), ranked 7th nationally in the U11s,won the U11 Middlesex Closed tournament, finished 2nd in the U11 London and South East Region championships, 9th in the U11 English Championships and has reached the finals of two U13 tournaments. There is strength in the U13 and U15 age groups too, with Joey Dawson (11), Joe Speed (12,) Ben Knight (12),Danny Hilton (14) and Aiden McCarthy-Boxer ( 15) making rapid progress in the club leagues and at county level. The U13 and U15 Coolhurst teams won their respective inter-club Middlesex leagues last season and several players have represented their county. Lester Buxton (17) and Paddy Harrison (16) both have initial squash coaching qualifications and assist Jago at the coaching sessions. Paddy recently won the U19 Cornish Open and U17 Middlesex Closed tournament and is ranked 15th nationally in the U17s, finishing 10th in the U17 British Closed championships in Manchester earlier this month.
For a sport licking its wounds after the recent rejection of its bid to appear in the 2020 Olympics, there is at least hope for the future of squash, if the junior scene at Coolhurst is anything to go by.
COOLHURST JUNIOR SQUASH PROGRAMME
- The Junior Coach is JagoNardelli,Level 2 coach and ex -internationally ranked player,he is supported by Lester Buxton ,Level 2 coach and Paddy Harrison Level 2 who are juniors from the club .
- Coaching Fees are payable half termly/ termly in advance Member/Non Member rates apply (see our on-line booking form above)
- Tuesday coaching sessions run from 4.30 til 5.50 pm for all levels
- Thursday coaching advanced at 5.10pm til 6.30pm
- Saturday coaching sessions on Saturday are from 12.30 until 3.50pm .Divided into 3 groups. Advanced 12.50pm Intermediate 1.50pm and Beginners 3.10pm
- Beginners try out for free pay for 2 sessions @£6 then sign up if you like it for the rest of the term
- Please check with JagoNardelli which session you should be attending
- The juniors currently have 2 teams in the Middx County leagues, U13 and U15 and we won both competitions last season
- We have several players representing Middlesex and the South East Region in all age groups
- Juniors can play in the adult leagues and in Club tournaments
- Pay and play club afternoon on Sundays coming soon