Quest for champions
A number of tennis tournaments are organised throughout the year and include:
• The annual club Summer Tournament (late May and June).
• Several one day social tournaments during the year.
• Two junior tournaments, one during the summer and the other in winter.
• Veteran’s tournament in late September or early October.
• Christmas/New year doubles tournament.
• A very successful internal singles Ladder for all standards which runs throughout the year.
There are occasional Bank Holiday mixed doubles tournaments held in the summer, followed by a BBQ. Players of all standards are encouraged to enter. Every year the Club hosts a tournament in aid of the North London Hospice (usually held on a Saturday), with an excellent meal and live music to follow. Last year a charity auction was held to raise further money to help the hospice.
The annual Summer Tournament which can be entered by all Tennis members,starts with Mens singles and doubles matches on 21 May. In addition to men’s and ladies’ singles / doubles and mixed doubles, there are plate competitions for first round losers in the men’s singles and mixed doubles. All Tennis members are encouraged to enter the Summer Tournament. Last year it involved a total of about 200 matches. In parallel with the main tournament, there is a Summer Tournament for Junior Tennis members. The Junior Finals are played on the same day as the finals of the senior tournament. Finals Day this year is on June 18th. It's a major event, with a Pimms Bar and special food during the afternoon. This is followed by a grand Squash and Tennis Prize Giving for both the senior and junior tennis events and for the winners of the main squash tournament, followed by the annual Club Summer Party, with a BBQ and live music. Not to be missed!